Sunday, July 31, 2011

FaceBook, Twitter and Blog... Keeping it tidy?

Well, that remains to be seen. The easy part was to create the FaceBook, Twitter and Blog accounts. The hard part is going to be to keep them moving forward with new content.

The links, in the form of buttons, to these locations are now installed on the front page of the Screaming Eagles .com web site, and like anyone who begins writing, one always hopes someone out there actually begins to reads the content.

As an artist, I struggle to find the balance between writing and actually creating more art. I enjoy both, and I will try to find the "sweet spot" is that best allows me to enjoy both endeavors. Being retired, I always know that I can do exactly as I like. The trick here is to avoid having to do what I don't like.

That's a novel concept coming from one who has spent a lifetime as a free lancer, which is a profession where one works as much to obtain work as we do to create the art.
My hope at this time is that when readers begin commenting and interacting, I will find that my responding will be comfortable and rewarding.

You don't think I can do this by myself, do you?

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    What an incredible site you've created with ScreamingEagles.com. I can't thank you enough for all of your work focusing on my mom and dad as they found a way to remain connected via the 82nd and the 101st during the Second World War. Your commitment to our Airborne "Sky Soldiers" will leave a beautifully created portal for all to learn about these brave American patriots. I look forward to watching as you add to your site and feel that ScreamingEagles.com is destined to be THE place to go for our online generation who want to participate in the continuing story of our Airborne troopers.
    Best wishes,
    Chris Russell

    ReplyDelete